There is no doubt that Google is still King of the search engines, however Bing Ads is slowly eating away at Google’s search engine market share.
It is for this reason that IRP customers must advertise on the Bing network. Bing PPC sales now equate to 10% of total IRP revenue and IRP customers tend to have a much lower CPA% with Bing PPC than they do with Google PPC.
Bing allows you to import campaigns directly from Google. This step-by-step guide will tell you how to do this.
Step 1 — Create a Bing Ads Account
First of all you will need to create a Bing Ads account with a Microsoft email account. You will need to add your contact details and payments details. Then you should add the conversion tracking to the IRP using the ‘Site Scripts’ section.
Step 2 — Create a Bing Partner ID in the IRP
Before you begin importing Google campaigns into Bing, you should create a Bing Traffic Partner in the IRP. Take note of this, as it will be used later.
Step 3 — Import the Google Campaigns
Now is the time to import your Google AdWords campaigns. To do this, proceed as follows:
- In Bing, go to the Import Campaigns menu on the top tabs then click ‘Import from Google AdWords’:
- Now you will need to make sure that you are logged in to your Google AdWords Account:
- Once signed in to your Google account, Bing will show you all of your Google campaigns and will allow you to select which campaigns you want to import. When you have selected your campaigns, click Continue.
- You will then see a page similar to the following which will allow you to select what you want to copy across within the campaigns. It is advisable to select everything apart from ‘Tracking templates and custom parameters’. Note also for Bing that all ‘Bids and Budgets’ must be at least 0.05 GBP — make sure that you check those options:
- Now you will need to change the PartnerID in the Google campaigns to the PartnerID of the Bing campaign that you created earlier. To do this, go to the Tracking Templates section, select ‘Find and Replace text in each tracking template’ then replace the existing PartnerID with the new Bing one:
- Also select the option to link to Bing Merchant Centre to import the shopping campaigns.
- Click Import. When the import is complete you will see the import summary.
Step 4 — Create Shopping Campaigns Within Bing
To create shopping campaigns within Bing, proceed as follows:
- In Bing, go to the Tools Menu and select ‘Bing Merchant Center’:
- Now you should create a store.
- Next go to the Catalog Management section to ‘Create a Catalog’. Give the Catalog a name and, in the Catalog Feed File section, select ‘Automatically download file from URL’ and enter the Bing feed URL for the Source URL:
- Click Save. The products will take a few days to be approved.