The Data that we Collect
IRP Commerce is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Some data is collected automatically when any visitor browses our site. This data includes:
- Your device’s IP address;
- Your device’s operating system;
- Your web browser type and version;
- Information for use by web analytics tools, including how you found our site, your activity whilst on our site and how your leave our site.
If you register as a member of IRP World, we also collect the information you provide us, including:
- Your name and your company’s name;
- Your job title, description and location;
- Your contact information;
- Your picture (if provided);
- Any other details that you provide voluntarily.
If you sign up for one of our newsletters we retain:
- Your email address;
- Any other information that you provide voluntarily as part of the sign-up process.
Any content that IRP World members add to the ‘comments’ and ‘questions’ sections wherever they appear across the IRP Commerce site is stored on our servers. We also store any emails you send us directly or using our enquiry form.
Newsletter Email Tracking
We track the open-rates and click-through rates for our newsletters in order to assess how popular or useful the content is. This information is generally anonymous however from time to time we may follow up with newsletter recipients depending on their activity. If you would prefer not to be tracked in this way you should opt out of our newsletter service.
Our website includes the following scripts:
- Social Media: You will see links for sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube on our website. These scripts are run by those services and it is likely that they will be tracking your online behaviour. You should familiarise yourself with the privacy policies of those social sites.
How we Use the Data that we Collect
We use the data that we collect to provide our customers and site visitors with the best possible service. Specifically, we use the data for some or all of the following reasons:
- To keep our internal records accurate and up to date;
- To improve our website and our services;
- To contact IRP World members with important information regarding their accounts or our services;
- To send promotional material to potential customers or partners via email, telephone or post;
- To contact IRP World members for market research purposes via email, telephone or post;
- To enable official IRP Partners such as Service Providers and Systems Integrators to carry out their services for customers.
When we send you marketing emails you will have the opportunity to refuse any further marketing emails from us.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, we will never disclose your data to third parties without your permission.
Third-Party Web Sites
On our website you will often find links to content on other websites. When you click these links and leave our website, we have no control over how these other websites manage any data they may collect about you. You should consult the privacy policies of the relevant websites for further details.
The security of your data is of high importance to IRP Commerce. To protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data that we collect online.