Sales and Marketing Director
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Catalyst (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
NOTE: This position is now filled.
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a seven-time Deloitte Fast 50 company.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies / service providers whilst also building strong relationships with strategic customers.
To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated, commercially-focussed Sales and Marketing Director.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
The successful candidate will run the agreed strategy for the commercial side of the business. This will involve generating demand for IRPs across Northern Ireland, Ireland and the UK, running direct and channel sales campaigns and developing strong relationships with industry partners. The role will involve extensive travel and the ideal candidate will be highly capable, energetic and driven to maximise sales opportunities for the company.
The primary responsibilities of the Sales and Marketing Director role will be as follows:
- To develop and implement strategic marketing and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate revenue objectives.
- To create and operate the channel strategy.
- To create the distribution strategy in line with the company's pricing model and revenue objectives.
- To manage and evaluate IRP Agency performance, setting targets and service level agreements.
- To be actively involved in sales when required, especially for larger contracts.
- To manage partner relationships and to maximise their opportunity.
- To manage and feed back into the improvement of the commercial model.
- To assist in the management of customer relationships when required.
- To maximise business opportunities.
- To continually improve the sales and marketing operations.
- To travel when necessary.
- To report to the company Directors and Board.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
(a) Sales, Marketing and Distribution Strategy
- To create workable sales, marketing and distribution action plans against which staff will have clearly-defined roles and responsibilities in line with agreed strategic plans.
- To ensure that the sales, marketing and distribution operate within financial budgets and constraints to achieve agreed objectives.
- To oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing customer, market and competitive conditions.
- To monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- To recommend product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- To plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities and events, including print, online, electronic media, direct mail, sponsorship and conferences.
- To prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- To review and analyse sales performances against quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
(b) Sales Execution
- To generate new sales leads via a multichannel approach, including but not limited to:
- Direct outbound sales
- Inbound website sales
- IRP Agencies
- Social presence
- Conferences and events
- To direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing quotas and goals.
- To ensure that the collateral used to support sales channels is appropriate, up to date and available to sales staff.
- To direct sales forecasting activities, set performance goals accordingly, measure the performance of sales efforts and take corrective actions.
- To ensure that existing customers are upsold all new features and services to maximise revenues.
(c) Partner & Customer Management
- To agree annual targets with IRP Agencies and measure and evaluate their performance on an ongoing basis, updating targets as necessary.
- To meet with partners and end customers regularly in order to understand their individual needs and to identify customer-specific strategies and targets.
- To review performance to ensure that current strategies are meeting changing customer needs — and wider market circumstances.
- To ensure that each customer is supported in a manner that best fits their needs.
- To ensure that each customer is utilising the IRP system optimally and that they are using insights and data to improve their figures on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure that customers are retained and well managed by IRP Agencies.
(d) Staff Management
- To be responsible for the Sales, Marketing and Services Divisions.
- To develop a highly-skilled and motivated team of professionals.
- To recruit and hire the best staff for the team.
- To train and provide ongoing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for staff to maximise their performance.
- To set clear KPIs and goals for staff that are aligned with the IRP Agency targets and requirements.
- To assess staff on an ongoing basis and deal with under-performance quickly and effectively in the correct manner.
Essential Experience & Skills:
The candidate must have:
- An ability to create and maintain a software distribution channel.
- A strong, proven commercial background.
- Significant management and leadership experience at director level.
- Demonstrable experience of managing operational performance within financial budgets.
- Proven ability to attract new sales and retain existing customers.
- A strong track record of human resource management and staff development.
- Proven ability to plan and implement organisational strategies and operational objectives.
- Strong experience of creating and developing business opportunities, including internationally.
- A strong track record of building and managing partner relationships.
- Demonstrable and exceptional skills in the following areas:
- Interpersonal relations
- Planning and strategy implementation
- Sales and negotiation
- Business development
- Financial analysis and accounting
- Problem solving and decision making, including the ability to make ‘tough’ decisions
- Presentation and communication, both written and verbal
- Project and time management
It may be beneficial that the candidate has a strong knowledge and experience of:
- Ecommerce, including international selling, particularly at the mid-market level and beyond
- Commercial software and technology
- Digital marketing and consulting
In addition, the ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level with subsequent relevant professional qualification(s)
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Results driven
- A great team player
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary — negotiable, based on experience
- Performance-related bonus
- Performance-based share options
- Matched pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- 35 holidays per year
- Free parking
- On delivery – to earn substantial remuneration
How to apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: