Systems Integrator Account Manager (SAM)
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Catalyst Inc (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
NOTE: This position is now filled.
IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK's foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a six-time Deloitte Fast 50 award winner.
The company's platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is now committed to expanding its commercial reach through partnerships with IRP Systems Integrators ('SIs' – re-sellers) across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
As part of our continuing growth, we are now looking for an experienced partner account manager to fulfil the role of SI Account Manager (SAM). The SAM will play a vital role in driving revenues for the company.
The mission of this role is to create and sustain revenue-generating partnerships in the IRP World.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building and managing long-term relationships with current and prospective IRP SIs.
This is a multi-disciplinary role that mixes partner management, compliance management, account management, communications, support and consulting.
To achieve success you'll require great people skills, excellent problem solving, communication and influencing skills, as well as a can-do attitude and an excellent grasp of all things digital.
Whilst the above professional and technical experience is a must for this role, equally important is an eye for detail, being a great communicator and team player, a willingness to learn and the ability to engage with partners and colleagues at all levels of management.
This is a great opportunity to play an essential role within the business. As our SI partner network grows, so will the demand on the SAM, creating an excellent opportunity for the right person to develop the role, build processes and grow this vital and dynamic function.
In this role you will:
1. Manage and support IRP Systems Integrators (SIs):
- Provide ongoing SI support, advice and training.
- Meet with SIs on a regular basis and maintain ongoing email and telephone communication to ensure that SIs are fully aligned with IRP Commerce objectives.
- Ensure that SIs and Account Managers are engaging maximally with the IRP ecosystem.
- Monitor and report on the performance of IRP Service Providers (SPs) and Account Managers.
2. Organise IRP training for IRP Systems Integrators and IRP Customers:
- Organise the hands-on and remote training programmes for all of the interested parties.
- Collect feedback from attendees and help to improve training processes and materials.
3. Sell IRP Software Licences:
- Work with SIs to ensure that IRP Customers are purchasing licences for IRP software features that will increase their revenues.
- Monitor and report on licence sales and usage across the customer base.
4. Assist with SI IRP deployments:
- Assist the Deployment Team in coordinating digital projects, understanding client requirements and creating workable solutions and action plans.
- Assist with the project management of ecommerce integration projects with 3rd parties.
- Use our software's in-built administration, design and data manipulation tools to assist with the setup of tailored ecommerce solution for clients.
5. Assist with communications on all key product areas:
- Help to ensure that open and clear communication about the product and IRP World standards and procedures is managed within the ecosystem.
- Help to ensure that clear communication and explanations are given to interested parties in a timely fashion.
6. Review and publish monthly IRP SI statistics:
- Send out reminder and publication communications to SIs each month.
- Check pre-publication data for accuracy, completeness and conformance with IRP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Liaise with SIs where necessary to ensure all data is present and correct.
- Publish the statistics in the IRP World.
7. Monitor and help to enforce compliance with procedures:
- Ensure that key Standard Operating Procedures are carried out by all parties, including SIs, Service Providers and Account Managers.
- Take the steps necessary to ensure that SIs and their Account Managers are aware of their responsibilities regarding compliance with IRP Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Assist with the administration of IRP World:
- Ensure that all new requests for individual and company accounts are reviewed and activated in a timely manner.
- Update account content when necessary.
- Assist with administration of other aspects of the IRP World ecosystem as necessary.
9. Support sales activities to acquire new SIs, including :
- Assist in SI identification and lead generation.
- Ensure SI roles and responsibilities are made clear.
- Ensure SIs are aware of required processes and procedures, as published in the IRP World.
- Define and coordinate the SI on-boarding project.
While SI management is the main remit of this role, the following areas are also important:
- Assist with IRP Training Events and training via webinars and videos.
- Provide articles advising on IRP World best practices for the IRP Strategy Centre, SI Portal and IRP Customer Portal.
- Assist with defining new processes to allow the SI functions to scale as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of core IRP World functionality such as the ‘IRP Design Repository’ to provide efficiency to SIs and clients alike.
- You're a team player, a good listener and communicator.
- You'll display genuine enthusiasm, be committed, partner-facing and able to get the job done, hitting deadlines, targets and bringing solution-focused thinking.
- You have great communication skills. You'll show a good understanding of digital projects and be able to speak intelligently and with authority on a wide range of subjects relating to ecommerce and digital marketing.
- You have an eye for detail. You are always seeking ways to improve the client and partner experience, our processes, the end-user experience and personal, team and company performance.
- You'll be able to take the steps necessary to ensure that SIs and their Account Managers are aware of their responsibilities regarding compliance with IRP Standard Operating Procedures.
- You are proactive. You have a willingness to suggest ideas and sell solutions internally and externally. You have the ability to make internal business cases to improve our processes. You'll be a self-starter who can slot into a team, or work independently when required.
- You have great problem-solving skills. You have a proven ability to understand customer needs, differentiate the important from the trivial, influence and find innovative solutions and opportunities within potential problems. You'll have a track record of building trust and strong partner relationships.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You have strong time-management, organisation and follow-up skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit with a 'do whatever it takes' attitude.
- Really important: you enjoy your work and it excites you to collaborate with good people and good partners.
Essential Experience & Skills:
You must have:
- >3 year professional experience in a partner management, account management or similar role.
- University Degree or equivalent, minimum 2:1.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Currently living in or willing to relocate to within close proximity to Belfast. This is a permanent position based in our Belfast office which may also involve some travel.
- Demonstrable and exceptional skills in the following areas:
- Interpersonal relations
- Influencing skills
- Problem solving and decision making, including ability to make 'tough' decisions
- Excellent technical skills, preferably in ecommerce
- Strong understanding of the ecommerce market
- Both a team player and a leader
- Project and time management
It will be beneficial that the candidate has a strong knowledge and experience of:
- International selling, particularly at the mid-market level and beyond
- Digital marketing and consulting
In addition, the ideal candidate will be:
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Results driven
What We Offer
- Excellent career progression opportunities where innovation, ideas and ambition are always rewarded. We're an agile company and we like to move quickly, so there’s always a new challenge and new opportunity to be seized.
- Friendly, innovative, start-up environment, but combined with company know-how gained from 10+ years' experience in building enterprise-grade commerce solutions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Matched pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Generous holiday allocation
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to