Reporting to: VP Product & Professional Services
Location: Catalyst (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
Note: This position is now closed.
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company has won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award multiple times.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland to transact more than £1 billion GBP and has powered the largest sites in a number of markets. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies whilst also building strong relationships with direct customers and technical partners.
To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Deployment Manager.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end management of new ecommerce contracts, ensuring that ecommerce websites are launched on time, market ready and able to rapidly deliver growing revenues. This typically involves the migration of clients from their current ecommerce platform to our award-winning multichannel IRP ecommerce software.
The Deployment Manager will work closely with partner Agencies to manage the deployment of new IRP Platform instances on their behalf.
This is a multi-disciplinary role that mixes client management, project management, partner management, software support and consulting.
To achieve success you'll require great people skills, excellent problem solving, communication and influencing skills, as well as a can-do attitude and an excellent grasp of all things digital.
Ecommerce, CMS tools, product data optimisation, UX testing, web design principles, digital marketing, marketplaces, mobile and new technology trends should also all be familiar and exciting to you.
Whilst the above technical and professional experience is a plus for this role, more important is an eye for detail, being a great communicator and team player, a willingness to learn and the ability to engage with clients and colleagues – at all levels of management.
This is an opportunity to own an important and growing department within the business. As our SI partner network grows, so will the demand on the Deployment team, creating an excellent opportunity for the right person to build processes, then lead and grow a thriving team.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate digital projects. Deliver on time and to spec.
- Understand client requirements and propose workable solutions and action plans.
- In conjunction with the IRP Development and Design teams and SI Account Management teams, use our software's in-built administration, design and data manipulation tools to set up a client-tailored ecommerce solution for clients.
- Provide client support, advice, calls and training.
- Project manage ecommerce integration projects with 3rd parties.
- Meet with clients. Help the client understand our software and how to use it to its full potential.
- Participate in the creation and improvement of internal processes and strategy.
- As demand grows, build a scalable department and team.
We are a small company and while Deployment is the main remit, the following areas are also important:
- Project manage non-deployment integration projects.
- Assist with IRP Support where required.
- Assist with communications around monthly IRP releases and core new features.
- Host IRP Training Events.
- Provide product training via webinars and training videos.
- Provide research content and other articles advising on best practice use of IRP features for the IRP Strategy Centre.
- Assist the IRP World Editor with Knowledge Base upkeep and documentation.
- Maintain and enhance core IRP World functionality such as the ‘IRP Design Repository’ to provide efficiency to SIs and clients alike.
- Assist with defining new processes to allow the Deployment and SI functions to scale as required.
- Conduct ecommerce product and market research.
- Test and provide feedback on IRP betas.
- Maintain deployment and training instance shells.
- You're a team player, a good listener and communicator.
- You'll display genuine enthusiasm, be committed, client-facing and able to get the job done, hitting deadlines, targets and bringing solution-focused thinking.
- You have great communication skills. You'll show a good understanding of digital projects and be able to speak intelligently and with authority on a wide range of subjects.
- You have an eye for detail. You are always seeking ways to improve the client experience, our processes, the end-user experience and personal, team and company performance.
- You are proactive. You have a willingness to suggest ideas and sell solutions internally and externally. You have the ability to make internal business cases for developments to improve our software. You'll be a self-starter who can slot into a team, or work independently when required.
- You have great problem-solving skills. You have a proven ability to understand customer needs, differentiate the important from the trivial, influence and find innovative solutions and opportunities within potential problems. You'll have a track record of building trust and strong client relationships.
- You have CSS, HTML and basic web design skills. Microsoft SQL competency is also a major bonus.
- You have prior knowledge/experience of basic website deployments (e.g. Wordpress/CMS/blog/Personal website site creation or setup).
- You are comfortable with data, spreadsheets, numbers. You have a knowledge of Excel, Google Drive and online productivity tools.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You have strong time-management, organisation and follow-up skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit with a 'do whatever it takes' attitude.
- Really important: you enjoy your work and it excites you to collaborate with good people and good clients.
You must have:
- >3 year professional experience in a deployment or technical project management role.
- University Degree or equivalent, minimum 2:1.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Currently living in or willing to relocate to within close proximity to Belfast. This is a permanent position based in our Belfast office.
What We Offer
- Excellent career progression opportunities where innovation, ideas and ambition are always rewarded. We're an agile company and we like move quickly, so there’s always a new challenge and new opportunity to be seized.
- Friendly, innovative, start-up environment, but combined with company know-how gained from 10+ years' experience in building enterprise-grade commerce solutions.
- Work directly with £ multi-million turnover clients.
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Matched pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Generous holiday allocation
- Free parking
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to