Market Research and Inside Sales Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Location: Catalyst (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
Note: This position is now closed.
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a seven-time Deloitte Fast 50 company.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies / service providers whilst also building strong relationships with strategic customers.
To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated, commercially-focussed Market Research and Inside Sales Consultant to assist the Head of Sales identify potential new customers and partners across the UK and Ireland.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
The Market Research and Inside Sales Consultant will primarily be responsible for:
- Researching the market to identify suitably-aligned prospects.
- Constructing and managing multiple prospect databases.
- Identifying and reaching out to key contacts via various media including, but not limited to: email, telephone, social media and LinkedIn.
The key requirement of the role will be to work as part of the sales team to develop new business opportunities across the UK and Ireland.
This individual will be a self-starter, able to identify and develop new business prospects within agreed target markets. Multiple lead sources will be leveraged, including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists and personal discovery research.
A dynamic personality, highly motivated with the drive and ability to reach decision makers is essential.
The Market Research and Inside Sales Consultant will be expected to:
- Position our market-leading ecommerce platform (the IRP) and services and identify appropriate buyers within target markets.
- Win the interest of target buyers by prospecting using a variety of tools including, but not limited to: telephone calls, email, social media and LinkedIn.
- Analyse collected, published and purchased data to identify trends, market activity and prospective leads.
- Make recommendations based on analysed data to enhance sales.
- Conduct analyses across target markets – Retailers, Channel Resellers, Agency Partners – to contribute to the sales strategy for each market.
- Qualify leads from digital marketing campaigns, conferences, trade shows, referrals, enquiries, etc.
- Adapt messaging to individual/market audience needs, ensuring relevance of content communicated to new prospects in order to educate on our unique business offering.
- Identify key buyers and influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline and be able to apply a basic sales methodology to ensure prospects can be moved swiftly through the pipeline.
- Work with Head of Sales to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly sales and revenue goals.
- Carry out general sales administration tasks including, but not limited to: maintaining prospect and client database, sales cycle tracking, etc. in our CRM system and ensuring all communications are logged in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and analyse sales pipeline reports to effectively communicate sales progress.
- Marketing qualification or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Well-developed analytical skills and comfortable working with data
- Demonstrable excellent customer-facing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Retail and/or ecommerce experience
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Degree in Marketing
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience using CRM software
- Demonstrable ability to meet and/or exceed sales and activity quotas
How to Apply
Send your CV to: