Software Test Engineer
Location: Catalyst (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
Note: This position is now closed.
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company has won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award multiple times.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland to transact more than £1 billion GBP and has powered the largest sites in a number of markets. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies whilst also building strong relationships with direct customers and technical partners.
To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Software Test Engineer.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building a test platform which works with the current software development methodologies of the company and significantly improves both the accuracy and time-to-release of our software.
This will involve learning our current procedures and creating an interface between the engineering team and this brand new testing function, which the successful candidate will also build from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with, and integrate into, a very close-knit, talented team of engineers.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
- Define best-in-industry testing practices
- Build a robust testing platform for the company's world-class platform, focussing heavily on automation
- Configuring test environments for the platform
- Work closely with the development team
- Mentor junior members of the team
The candidate must be:
- Extremely passionate about software testing
- Self-starting with a natural enthusiasm to expand your knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
The candidate must have experience of:
- Testing ASP.NET Web Forms applications, from both a functional and UX perspective
- Working with the company's core technologies, in particular Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Building and maintaining automated testing platforms from the ground up
- Agile Development methodologies
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Using Microsoft Azure to create test environments for ASP.NET Web Forms applications
- Source Control tools and methodologies for Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Non-functional testing techniques, in particular security and performance testing
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: