Software Test Engineer
Location: Catalyst Inc (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a Deloitte Fast 50 company five years running.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
As part of our continuing growth, we are looking to modernise our procedures and, at this stage, we are looking to modernise and automate as much as possible the testing of our multi award-winning ASP.NET Web Application.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building a test platform which works with the current software development methodologies of the company and significantly improves both the accuracy and time-to-release of our software.
This will involve learning our current procedures and creating an interface between the engineering team and this brand new testing function, which the successful candidate will also build from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with, and integrate into, a very close-knit, talented team of engineers.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
- Define best-in-industry testing practices
- Build a robust testing platform for the company's world-class platform, focussing heavily on automation
- Configuring test environments for the platform
- Work closely with the development team
- Mentor junior members of the team
The candidate must be:
- Extremely passionate about software testing
- Self-starting with a natural enthusiasm to expand your knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
The candidate must have experience of:
- Testing ASP.NET Web Forms applications, from both a functional and UX perspective
- Working with the company's core technologies, in particular Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Building and maintaining automated testing platforms from the ground up
- Agile Development methodologies
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Using Microsoft Azure to create test environments for ASP.NET Web Forms applications
- Source Control tools and methodologies for Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Non-functional testing techniques, in particular security and performance testing
Compensation and Benefits
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: