IRP Support & Training Specialist
Location: Catalyst Inc (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
NOTE: This position is now filled.
IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a Deloitte Fast 50 company five years running.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond. To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Support & Training Specialist.
This role represents a great opportunity for a talented individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies. From the start, this will be a hands-on role, learning IRP technology and working daily to analyse issues and marshal them through to full resolution. The successful candidate will run the IRP Technical Support function and ultimately has a great opportunity to expand and manage the team.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
(a) IRP Technical Support (including Deployment Support) for Systems Integrators (SIs)
- Provide 3rd line support for the IRP system using JIRA Service Desk, working closely with the Development Dept.
- Assist SIs with deploying IRP instances for customers, as necessary.
- Take full ownership of SI issues and see problems through to resolution in accordance with pre-defined SLAs.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve SI issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ensure support tickets are correctly linked and tracked against resulting development jobs.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to SIs.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
(b) IRP Technical Support Reporting and Feedback
- Collate and present accurate monthly reports to management on all KPIs related to SI Technical Support process.
- Provide detailed and regular reporting to Product Management, highlighting key stress points and product features requiring attention.
- Provide detailed reporting to ensure that Technical Writers and Product Management are aware of all support-related changes and fixes that require Knowledge Base and training documentation updates and/or SI communications.
(c) IRP World Knowledge Base Training Documentation
- Work closely with the IRP World Editor to build upon and improve the existing IRP World training system, including the IRP Academy, to increase its effectiveness in the IRP ecosystem.
- Assist the IRP World Editor with devising technical online training programs according to organisational requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials (presentations, videos, worksheets, etc.).
- Help to improve the effectiveness and influence of the IRP World ecosystem.
- Assist with communication mechanisms between IRP Commerce/IRP World and SIs.
Essential Experience & Skills:
The candidate must have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline, preferably 2:1 or higher.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a technical application support role for a software company.
- Proven ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution.
- A strong track record of creating training materials for software applications.
- Demonstrable and exceptional skills in the following areas:
- Interpersonal relations.
- Time keeping.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Presentation and communication, both written and verbal.
- Project and time management.
The candidate must also be:
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Proactive and results driven.
- A great team player.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge and experience of:
- JIRA Service Desk or a similar application.
- Delivering training (online and/or in person).
- Software platform technology (Saas/PaaS)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary — negotiable, based on experience
- Matched pension contribution
- Generous holiday allocation
- Performance-related bonus
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: