This is an opportunity to play a key role in the product UX/UI design function within a successful technology company that has allowed UK and Ireland businesses alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP.
Location: Catalyst Inc (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a seven-time Deloitte Fast 50 award winner.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
As part of our continuing growth, we are looking for an experienced candidate to both define and implement our User Experience/Interface (UX/UI) design patterns and practices for our multi award-winning ecommerce platform, work to make the UX/UI within it both attractive and usable, and work closely with our engineering team to help them in fully implementing the designs. The IRP platform is a mature product that requires refinement in many areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping build our UX/UI design patterns and best practices into the IRP platform, with focus on usability and repeatability, ensuring that interfaces with very similar goals are implemented in the same way each time.
The candidate will also work on the IRP World portal and may also work directly on ecommerce sites running on the IRP Commerce Cloud.
This is an opportunity to work on a world class product based in Northern Ireland.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with, and integrate into, a very close-knit, talented team of engineers and work within the company's UX guidelines.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
- Develop and improve user interfaces for the company's products
- Implement IRP product UX design patterns and best practices
The candidate must be:
- Extremely passionate about UX design
- Self-starting with a natural enthusiasm to expand their knowledge
- A great team player
The candidate must have:
- Strong, demonstrable professional experience developing and testing UX deliverables for desktop, mobile and tablet
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- University degree or equivalent, minimum 2:1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- User Experience design and testing methodologies
- Web/Graphic design
Compensation and Benefits
- Extremely competitive salary and bonus
- Matched pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Generous holiday allocation
- Free parking
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: