Reporting to: Head of Customer Success
Location: Catalyst (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company has won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award multiple times.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland to transact more than £1 billion GBP and has powered the largest sites in a number of markets. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies whilst also building strong relationships with direct customers and technical partners.
To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Web Designer.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing ecommerce websites running on the IRP Commerce Cloud. This will take place during initial deployment of a customer's business on the IRP platform and on an ongoing basis to optimise conversion rates.
As IRP Commerce operates a revenue-share model with customers, conversion rates are the key metrics for web design.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with, and integrate into, a very close-knit, talented team of customer success and support specialists.
This is an opportunity to work on a world-class product based in Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
- Create and implement website designs for IRP customers, both during initial deployment and on an ongoing basis, based on IRP best practices for conversion.
- Work on design layouts for social media and marketing campaigns.
- Work with the Head of Customer Success to ensure websites follow best practices and are continually converting.
- Work directly with IRP customers and account managers to ensure website design updates are completed according to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Collaborate as needed with IRP UX, sales, marketing and engineering teams.
The candidate must be:
- Extremely passionate about web design
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Proactive and driven by results
- A great team player
The candidate must have:
- Demonstrable professional experience designing websites for desktop, mobile and tablet
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Strong portfolio of creative work
- Strong Adobe Creative Cloud skills (including Photoshop & Illustrator), Sketch/Figma and other industry-standard design and prototyping tools
- Strong understanding of how design and imagery choices impact conversion
- University degree or equivalent, minimum 2:1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- UX design and testing principles
- Software platform technology (SaaS/PaaS)
- Digital marketing
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary – negotiable, based on experience
- Performance-related bonus
- Matched pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Generous holiday allocation
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: