Web UX/UI Developer
Location: Catalyst Inc (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company is a Deloitte Fast 50 company five years running.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
As part of our continuing growth, we are looking for an experienced candidate to both define and implement our User Experience/Interface (UX/UI) design patterns and practices for our multi award-winning ecommerce platform, work to make the UX/UI within it both attractive and usable, and work closely with our engineering team to help them in fully implementing the designs. The IRP platform is a mature product that requires refinement in many areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to define our UX/UI Design patterns and best practices on the IRP platform, with focus on usability and repeatability, ensuring that interfaces with very similar goals are implemented in the same way each time.
The candidate will also work on the IRP World portal and may also work directly on ecommerce sites running on the IRP technology.
This is an opportunity to build the product UX/UI design function within the company, and to go on and manage your own team in due course.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with, and integrate into, a very close-knit, talented team of engineers to educate them where necessary on the best way to implement ideas.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
- Develop and improve user interfaces for the company's two online platforms
- Mentor the engineering team where required to maximize implementation efficiency
- Implement and document product UX design patterns and best practices
The candidate must be:
- Extremely passionate about UX Development and Design
- Self-starting with a natural enthusiasm to expand their knowledge
- A great team player
The candidate must have:
- Strong, demonstrable professional experience developing and testing UX deliverables for desktop, mobile and tablet
- University Degree or equivalent, minimum 2:1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Working with Microsoft IDE including Visual Studio
- Server-side development, especially using C# and SQL Server
- Graphic Design
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Matched pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Generous holiday allocation
- Free parking
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: