Head of UX
This is an opportunity to play a key role in managing the product UX/UI design function within a very successful technology company that has allowed UK and Ireland businesses alone to transact more than £1 billion GBP.
Location: Catalyst (formerly Northern Ireland Science Park), Titanic Quarter, Belfast
Note: This position is now closed.
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company has won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award multiple times.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland to transact more than £1 billion GBP and has powered the largest sites in a number of markets. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies whilst also building strong relationships with direct customers and technical partners.
To help the company achieve their goals, the company is now seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Head of UX.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to both define and implement our User Experience/Interface (UX/UI) design patterns and practices for our multi award-winning ecommerce platform, work to make the UX/UI within it both attractive and usable, and work closely with our engineering team to help them in fully implementing the designs. The IRP platform is a mature product that requires refinement in many areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to define our UX/UI Design patterns and best practices on the IRP platform, with focus on usability and repeatability, ensuring that interfaces with very similar goals are implemented in the same way each time.
The candidate will also work on the IRP World portal and may also work directly on ecommerce sites running on the IRP technology.
This is an opportunity to build the product UX/UI design function within the company, and to go on and manage your own team in due course.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with, and integrate into, a very close-knit, talented team of engineers to educate them where necessary on the best way to implement ideas.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
- Develop and improve user interfaces for the company's two online platforms
- Mentor the engineering team where required to maximize implementation efficiency
- Implement and document product UX design patterns and best practices
The candidate must be:
- Extremely passionate about UX development and design
- Self-starting with a natural enthusiasm to expand their knowledge
- A great team player
The candidate must have:
- Strong, demonstrable professional experience developing and testing UX deliverables for desktop, mobile and tablet
- University Degree or equivalent, minimum 2:1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Working with Microsoft IDE including Visual Studio
- Server-side development, especially using C# and SQL Server
- Graphic Design
Compensation and Benefits
- Extremely competitive salary and bonuses
- Matched pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Generous holiday allocation
- Free parking
How to Apply
If you feel that you have the potential to join our team and help create the future of commerce, we want to hear from you. Send your CV to: