Support and Training Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Support
Location: Catalyst, Titanic Quarter Belfast or Derry
Established in 2005, IRP Commerce is one of the leading technology companies in Northern Ireland and one of the UK’s foremost ecommerce platform providers. The company has won the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award 8 times.
The company’s platform and approach has allowed mid-market businesses based in the UK and Ireland to transact more than £2 billion GBP and has powered the largest sites in a number of markets. Clients include retail, manufacturing and distribution businesses in both the B2C and B2B sectors.
The company has had a heavy R&D focus producing some of the most exciting software in the ecommerce industry. It has also had good commercial traction and is committed to expanding its commercial reach across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
The company’s commercial model involves supporting multiple specialist ecommerce agencies whilst also building strong relationships with direct customers and technical partners.
This role represents a huge opportunity for a talented commercial individual to play a key part in the development of one of Northern Ireland’s leading technology companies.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following functions:
(a) Technical Support for IRP Agencies:
- Become a product expert.
- Provide 1st/2nd line support for the IRP Platform using Jira Service Desk, working closely with the Development Dept.
- Take full ownership of issues and see problems through to resolution in accordance with pre-defined SLAs.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ensure support tickets are correctly linked and tracked against resulting development jobs.
- Provide prompt, accurate and helpful customer-facing responses to technical support queries.
- Provide appropriate alternative solutions to customer issues when a technical issue arises that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Maintain a strong focus on customer service, ensuring that all responses are easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
(b) IRP Training:
- Assist with instructor-led training for all IRP end users.
- Help to improve the existing IRP World training system to increase its effectiveness in the IRP ecosystem.
- Assist with the preparation of training materials (presentations, videos, worksheets, etc.).
Essential Experience & Skills:
The candidate must have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline, preferably 2:1 or higher.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a technical application support role for a software company.
- Proven ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution.
- A strong track record of creating training materials for software applications.
- Demonstrable and exceptional skills in the following areas:
- Interpersonal relations.
- Time keeping.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Presentation and communication, both written and verbal.
- Project and time management.
The candidate must also be:
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Proactive and results driven.
- A great team player.
- Customer focused.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge and experience of:
- JIRA Service Desk or a similar application
- Delivering training (online and/or in person)
- Software platform technology (SaaS/PaaS)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary — negotiable, based on experience
- Performance-related bonus
- Part matched pension contribution
- Generous holiday allocation
- Private healthcare
- Free car parking
How to Apply
Send your CV to: